Over the weekend I read this post over at the Pirate’s Cove. I have to admit it got me all agitated.
I really hate to admit that because I would like to be cool, calm and collected and remain above this sort of leftist ignorance. But I don’t. I take it personally. Very personally.
Their rants, ravings and wringing their hands would be kind of funny except they are talking about the very people who stand between them and disaster. They are talking about the very people that make their rants, ravings and wringing of hands possible. They are talking about the very people who have the courage and sense of duty to do what they themselves do not have the courage or character to do. So it’s not funny.
So, I went dumpster diving myself to add to the list that Teach came up with. It’s not a pretty sight I can tell you. I should put a disgust warning on it.
Here’s how the left supports our troops:
- What an oxymoronÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ethics in the military?ethics in a war? ethics in American government? how quaint. [yeah, this is from Teach's list - but I mean it's just so snotty!!]
- When 40% of our troops say torture is fine, we must look closely at the type of folks who want to join a military unit as a job.
- We have an all volunteer army. People looking for a chance to kill and torture are certainly likely to enlist.
- Personally, I believe our taxpayers dollars would be better spent teaching all those soldiers to sing and dance.
- And only 40 percent of our soldiers in Iraq blowing off little babies’ heads disagree. [Just feel the love!]
- Yeah, right…they are willing to kill people they don’t know, but it takes combat stress to make them approve of torture (first)?
- If we’re really lucky, a cluster of the most PTSD-fucked victims of Georgie’s Excellent Adventure will move into your neighborhood… and you can spend your evenings cringing on your knees at the front window, clutching your little plastic American flag and peering out through the blinds to see if your car’s on fire.
- I can hardly wait for people with such twisted, violent beliefs to return home to apply their hostility and violence here.
- I, for one, certainly don’t feel any safer with these people in command of anything. We pay these people to defend us, and we end up with a bunch of unsocialized thugs who are part of the zombie-like Bushie political machine that is making the world a much less safe place to live in. What’s to thank them for? Their misplaced “courage” that has killed at least a quarter of a million Iraqi civilians so far. Their unqestioning loyalty to a liar? If anybody knows, please tell me. I used to respect the military. I would like to respect it again. [yeah, I'm sure he 'used to respect the military'. uh-huh.
- The base, primarily centered in the trailer parks of the South, adheres to a different tradition. They are the descendants of the slaver drivers and the Ku Klux Klan. [They actually believe this stuff!]
It goes on and on and on and on and on …….
One commenter writes an entire story about how our Soldiers are trained in super-secret caverns underneath the Pentagon. They are trained by being made to shoot their own children in order to harden them enough that they can go to war. I think the person was ‘joking’ but who knows with these people.
Oh – they do say they support the Troops. They just don’t support what they are doing.
Now I need to go take a shower.
Nuke News and Views responds to the liberal agenda reflected in the dumpster diving above ….. in comments here and in an article here.
Why confront a clear and present danger, one fraught with danger and sacrifices, when there are impossible dreams to dream, quests to undertake, or windmills in desperate need of a tilt?
What do the causes of the left have in common? They offer the opportunity to join a cause, and build a utopian world of justice and equality. Unfortunately, none of these crusades are directed at solvable problems. But, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s so much easier to pretend than to confront.
Disclaimer: trackbacks to this post do not necessarily represent the opinions or standards of the Blue Star Chronicles.
More great posts trackbacked below …